airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Saha <psa...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Re: Unable to instantiate Airavata Client
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 23:25:48 GMT
Yes all docker containers are on the same host and connected through --link
option. With link option i have tested airavata and rabbit mq and they are
working fine. Prob is with airavata pga and airavata server. API server is
running on 8930 which is refusing connection while pga tries to access. So
in some situation docker link is working and not other case. I have exposed
8930 8940 8950 none of them are listening .
On 25-Jun-2015 7:19 PM, "Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige" <glahiru@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If this worked yes then this is something to do with docker. Ideally to
> solve this kind of an issue you can either use --link option of docker but
> this will only work when you run all the containers in the same host. But
> if you are running in different hosts and they have to be connected what
> people usually do is reading these host information via environment
> variable. You can set default values to your dockerfile and always can
> overwrite them when you do docker run with -e option.
>
> Regards
> Lahiru
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <
> glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can quickly test whether this is a docker issue or not by running all
>> the containers with --net=host, it will directly give you the host network
>> environment for all of your containers.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Suresh,
>>>
>>> Looks like its an issue with airavata server , which does allow external
>>> requests to access its ports. I believe its due to docker which some how
>>> protecting the airavata ports to external requests and intentionally
>>> refusing the connection.
>>>
>>> I have tested with three dockers
>>> 1. Airavta PGA
>>> 2. Airavata Server