airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Saha <psa...@binghamton.edu>
Subject docker containers connection
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2015 18:23:30 GMT
Hello Timothy,

We have one issue regarding connecting docker containers. We have one
docker container which contains apache airavata API server which runs on
8930 port inside the container. During container image building we have
exposed port 8930 . After linking that container to another we can see the
exposed port in the second containers environment variables. But when ever
trying to access that port we are getting connection refuse error.

here are  the commands:

*docker run --name cont1 -i -d  -t psaha4/airavata_all /bin/bash*
*docker run --name cont2 -i -d  -t psaha4/airavata_pga /bin/bash*
*docker attach cont2*
*env*
here we can see *CONT1_PORT= tcp://172.17.0.44:8930
<http://172.17.0.44:8930>*
but when try to execute
*nc -zv 172.17.0.44 8930* , its saying connection refused.

It will be really a great help if you can show us some path to achieve the
container inter connection.

Thanks
Pankaj