airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shahbaz Memon <m.me...@fz-juelich.de>
Subject Re: Error while running a BES job
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:52:02 GMT
Hi Suresh and Devs,

I am testing job resource requirement mappings between Airavata-Thrift and
JSDL resource model. In the Airavata-thrift's model I would propose to
include NumberOfCPUsPerNode (or IndividualCPUCount) attribute as one more
resource requirement field. By defining this field user will be able to
specify TotalCPUCount (which is already there) or TotalNodeCount with
IndividualCPUCount. I believe it should be easy to include this field in
the existing resource model. What do you think?

Another point is, if I set the application's parallelism type as Parallel I
am not able to specify a parallel environment instance supported by target
resource, for example could be one of, Generic MPI, OpenMPI, MPICH2, POE,
IntelMPI, etc. I think it is more feasible for a deployment scenario where
multiple MPI environments are supported but user wants to submit a job
using parallel environment of her choice. This use case is taken from the
JSDL-SPMD specification [1], and unicore supports it :).

Best Regards,

Shahbaz

[1] https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.115.pdf

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Shahbaz, for testing this in the 0.15 branch. Once you ensure the
> new cluster is working well for Unicore, we can make sure the release
> candidate is used by Ultrascan production and then add a release note to
> indicate BES provider being used in production by Ultrascan using the 0.15
> release.
>
> Suresh
>
> On Jun 10, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Shahbaz Memon <m.memon@fz-juelich.de> wrote:
>
> Its working now. Thanks.
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> HI Shabaz,
>>
>> I fixed the issue. Take a pull and see whether it fixed the issue.
>>
>> Thanks..
>> Chathuri
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Shahbaz Memon <m.memon@fz-juelich.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi Devs,
>>>
>>>  Just checked out the 0.15 branch.
>>>
>>>  During create and launch an Echo experiment on a BES endpoint I see
>>> the following exception,
>>>
>>>  ERROR] Error while updating the resource JOB_DETAIL
>>> org.apache.airavata.registry.cpi.RegistryException:
>>> java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to