airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 13:11:53 GMT
Hi Hasini,

Agreed (to Marlon’s responses as well). This answers by pondering. Let me take back my suggestion
and proceed as planned with assumption that IS is deployed separately.

Suresh

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 8:55 AM, Pierce, Marlon <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>
> Let me phrase that a little better.  We should make it as easy as possible for people
to get Airavata and its supporting services up and running.  But embedding services in a
single VM seems like a drain on effort to support an artificial use case.   I think it is
more interesting to look at a coordinating framework above Maven that can build and deploy
Airavata and services in a simple way for new users that also will scale to a production deployment.

> Marlon
>

> From: <Pierce>, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu <mailto:marpierc@iu.edu>>
> Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM
> To: "dev@airavata.apache.org <mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>" <dev@airavata.apache.org
<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?
>
> For what it worth, I think we should find a different route than embedding if this is
only to make it easy for downloaders to get up and running.

> Marlon
>
> From: Hasini Gunasinghe <hasi7786@gmail.com <mailto:hasi7786@gmail.com>>
> Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 8:38 AM
> To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org <mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?
>
> Hi Suresh,
>
> Ideally, WSO2 IS (and other WSO2 products in general) can be run in embedded mode.
> However, there will be many implications of doing that such as increasing the size of
the Airavata distribution (WSO2 IS default distribution is 315 MB - you can install only the
necessary features, however, that will not decrease the additional size significantly) and
slowing down the Airavata startup.
> Therefore, IMO, it is good to run it separately (since Airavata already depends on such
separately run servers such as RabbitMQ).
> However, if you want to consider embedding it, I can test it at PoC level and report
the exact implications (such as the increase in the size of the distribution etc.). Let me
know what you think.

> Best Regards,
> Hasini.
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Hasini,
>
> You have already addressed developer inconvenience and integration tests with is_api_secured
flag. But just curious if identity server can be run in embedded mode?