airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Research on Investigating issues related to deploying Airavata on multi-tenant environments
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:33:47 GMT
Hi Pavithra,

Good that you are still interested to pursue. As you say, there are always open problems in
Airavata you could research upon. So do you want to focus particularly on issues associated
around multi-tenancy?

Suresh

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 11:31 AM, Pavithra Kulathilaka <pavithrask@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> This is a research idea I started to work on sometime back but unfortunately I couldn't
continue the research.
> Now I'd like to resume this and hope to complete the work.
>
> However I've seen some of the work related to this are in progress/completed like the
multi-tenancy support in Airavata.
> But I think still this research area is open and there are plenty of tasks to work on.

> Please let me know If you think otherwise.
>
> Right now I'm analyzing the added/changed features in Airavata and to reevaluate the
research tasks.
> So It would be really helpful if you could point me if there are any specific tasks that
I should work on related to this or any other new areas which I should consider to work on.

> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Pavithra.
>

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Pavithra Kulathilaka <pavithrask@gmail.com <mailto:pavithrask@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Pavithra Kulathilaka currently reading MSc(2012) in University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
> I've selected the research idea of "Investigate computer science issues related to deploying
Airavata or Rave in a multitenancy environment such as Google’s App Engine" as my MSc research
under the supervision of Dr Shahani Weerawarna.

> For the initial phase I'm going to concentrate only on deploying Airavata on Google's
App-engine and if the scope is smaller then will consider Rave and other multi-tenant environments.

> The identified research tasks are
> Research mechanisms and techniques to overcome the challenges in deploying Airavata in
a generic multi-tenant cloud environment.
> Contribute an Airavata build and deployment to the Google app engine specific multi-tenant
environment.
> Conduct experiments to measure and assess the resultant auto scaling and load balancing
capabilities of Airavata’s Google app engine deployment.
> This is expected to be finished by the end of the next year and looking forward for your
thoughts, suggestions and support regarding this research.