airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: Dockerizing Airavata
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 18:10:44 GMT
Pankaj, do you have a pointer to your project plans and notebook/blog? You probably are ready
to create some Jira tasks at least. We can create a wiki space for you also.

Marlon

________________________________
From: Pankaj Saha [psaha4@binghamton.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:04 PM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dockerizing Airavata

Hello everyone
As suresh has mentioned, dockerizing airavata is my part of GSoC project. After discussing
with other airavata developer I have decided to create a docker image on whole airavata service.
If this works well we will carefully segregate other airavata components to separate dockers.
As of now airavata, database, zookeeper, orchestrator etc will be packed in a separate  dockers.
Then we can install multiple individual components in a distributed manner. Mesos will come
into the picture to manage these distributed components.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Pankaj

On 11-Jun-2015 12:05 PM, "Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige" <glahiru@gmail.com<mailto:glahiru@gmail.com>>