airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: Dockerizing Airavata
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 17:29:37 GMT
We have some Ansible + Airavata work here that is out of date: https://github.com/SciGaP/Airavata-Ansible-Deploymenthttps://github.com/SciGaP/Airavata-Ansible-Deployment

Marlon

________________________________
From: Suresh Marru [smarru@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:15 PM
To: Airavata Dev
Subject: Re: Dockerizing Airavata

Hi Maven,

You can use Ansible at multiple places. Yes you could consider it to create Docker images,
or to deploy and test Docker. We could use it to setup Mesos clusters and then deploy Dockerized
Airavata containers on it.

If you are already on the way to improve Ansible scripts to deploy Airavata without Docker,
please proceed, I think all the effort you put in should be translatable into docker effort
as well. Ultimately we need a good programmatic way of packaging, deploying, updating Airavata
services.

Suresh

On Jun 11, 2015, at 12:36 PM, Mevan Alles <mevan.alles@gmail.com<mailto:mevan.alles@gmail.com>>