airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too Many Leaf Modules.
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 03:55:09 GMT
Hi Suresh,

You are thinking about deployment perspective while I am thinking about
dependency issue. With my suggestion for each component distribution will
be increased by less than 1MB,  because only the interfaces are in the
core. And in runtime those interfaces will not be loaded. Thinking the
trouble we are getting at development time and code maintain issues. I
think we can bare with that 1MB.

Thanks,
Shameera.

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>>> │   │   ├── orchestrator-service
>>> │   │   ├── task-executor-service
>>> │   │   └── workflow-interpreter-service
>>> │   ├── component-clients
>>> │   │   ├── credential-store-client
>>> │   │   ├── orchestrator-client
>>> │   │   ├── task-executor-client
>>> │   │   ├── workflow-interpreter-client
>>> │   │   └── messaging
>>> │   ├── task-adaptors
>>> │   │   ├── compute
>>> │   │   └── data-movement
>>> │   ├── registry
>>> │   │   ├── app-catalog
>>> │   │   ├── experiment-catalog
>>> │   │   └── resource-catalog
>>> │   └── workflow-interpreter
>>> ├── distribution
>>> ├── integration-tests
>>>

>>> On May 29, 2015, at 10:15 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameera@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> As we are using different modules to package different type of
>>> functionalities, which will help us to maintain loosely couple codes. Now
>>> the project has 49 leaf module ( one to hit half century :) ). If we allow
>>> project to grow this way, having too fine grain modules will be huge
>>> headache in future. IMO we should clean this ASAP before it become really
>>> mess. Actually we half way there, I experienced cyclic dependency issues
>>> when I was writing workflow implementation and email monitoring. Please see
>>> the modules in current repo below.
>>>
>>> <module-name> ( <num of child modules> )
>>>
>>> modules  ( 43 )
>>>      app-catalog ( 2 )
>>>      commons ( 1 )
>>>      configurations ( 2 )
>>>      credential-store ( 3 )
>>>      distribution ( 8 )
>>>      gfac ( 10 )
>>>      integration test ( 1 )
>>>      messaging ( 2 )
>>>      orchestrator ( 3 )
>>>      registry ( 3 )
>>>      security ( 1 )
>>>      server ( 1 )
>>>      test-suit ( 1 )
>>>      workflow ( 1 )
>>>      workflow-modal ( 3 )
>>>      xbaya ( 1 )
>>> airavata-api ( 5 )
>>> tools ( 1 )
>>>
>>> Most of the current modules have interfaces and implementations
>>> together, but this violate our main goal which reduce inter module
>>> dependencies. Following is what I am suggesting, WDYS?
>>>
>>> core { has all core interfaces and basic classes of gfac-core ,
>>> orchestrator-core , message-core , monitor core, registry core,
>>> workflow-core}
>>> service - all thrift services and service handlers
>>> orchestrator - orchestrator specific classes
>>> gfac
>>>      SSH
>>>      BES
>>>      Local
>>> message - amqp implemention
>>> distribution
>>>      XBaya
>>>      server - { use different mode input to start server as orchestrator
>>> registry
>>> app-catalog
>>> security
>>> Workflow
>>> XBaya-gui
>>> Integration-test
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shameera.
>>>

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Shameera Rathnayaka.
>>
>> email: shameera AT apache.org , shameerainfo AT gmail.com
>> Blog : http://shameerarathnayaka.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Shameera Rathnayaka.