airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Airavata 0.16 branch
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 17:25:30 GMT
Hi Hasini,

Your description on the GSoC project and breaking down into sprint is extremely useful [1],
thank you for serving as a good role model for other projects. Its a good reminder for students
to “commit early and commit often”, this is the best way to get contributions into main
releases. A counter example of big commits towards end of summer generally rest in peace in
sandbox area. Before we merge your pull request [2], we need to discuss some logistics on
how to proceed.

Hi All,

Aligning with the API Security effort, Airavata needs to make progress on user management
as a whole. Currently we have some very minimal user information and kept deferring the proper
integration [3],[4],[5]. With proper integration with Identity server we can fix this us.
We have also been deferring the Airavata data model into all Airavata components from a while,
we need to work on it to make progress towards 1.0 release (I will start a separate discussion
on these timelines).

How about we master into a new branch for 0.16 and then have the following changes:

* break the API and use thrift multi-plexing so its manageable.
* add appropriate authorization to API
* propose any API and data model changes and properly integrate it within all the components

* Have Dimuthu and Supun integrate GridChem client and make necessary user model changes.

Comments?

Cheers,
Suresh

[1] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Sprint+1