airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Emre Brookes <e...@biochem.uthscsa.edu>
Subject Re: Exception while launching experiment using Genapp
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 00:29:56 GMT
Hi Priyanshu,

I have redirected this to the Airavata developers list because this is
really more of an Airavata question.
One of the key things Nadeem Anjum did with GSoC 2014 was to setup an
automatic registry of the applications
with Airavata within GenApp as part of the application generation process.
This needs to be upgraded to work with the new Airavata version.
I think you are going to have to rewrite this part.
It was previously written in Java by Nadeem and was somewhat obscured in
his work.
I had some discussions with Raminder Singh about this.
I will start a separate thread to discuss this.

Also, I noticed you are testing with module "center".  This module
includes messaging which is an additional
complication that should not be introduced until the "simplest" form is
working (as described below).
I recommend you switch to "align".  Even better, you should write your
own simple
JSON input/output module in a language other than Perl (as the example
modules in genapptest svn are currently all Perl).
Since your GSoC project is Qt based, it would be best to write a small
module in C++ that reads JSON from
the command line argument and writes JSON to standard output.
You should research and pick a nice open library to read and write JSON
in C++ and use that.

-Emre.