airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove unused modules to local antic or any other place?
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 14:21:05 GMT
Well the debatable topic is: we have lot of potential features like EC2 submisisons which need
to come back. But I agree, when they are not being maintained, leaving in the code just for
the sake of it has a cost.

I am + 1 for tagging the current master (for easy retrieval in future) and deleting all the
un-maintained pieces. And slowly build back from minimal features based on user demand and
the components we commit to maintain.

Suresh

> On May 8, 2015, at 8:35 AM, Pierce, Marlon <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>
> Another possibility is to just delete them, since they are in the git repo in case we
ever need to go back.

> Marlon
>
> From: Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com <mailto:shameerainfo@gmail.com>>
> Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 11:12 PM
> To: dev <dev@airavata.apache.org <mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
> Subject: Remove unused modules to local antic or any other place?
>
> Hi Team,
>
> When i try to do the refactoring, I am facing some issues with other deprecated gfac-modules.
For an example, If I need to add a method for a common interface (like GfacProvider), I need
to implement all subclasses in those deprecated modules. ( yes i can just leave it blank,
but why we need to waste time on that? and this will complicate git commits too). What is
the verdict on this?