airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata 0.16 branch
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 14:18:04 GMT
Hi All,

If there are no objections, shall I proceed with branching for 0.16?

Suresh

> On May 26, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Hasini,
>
> Your description on the GSoC project and breaking down into sprint is extremely useful
[1], thank you for serving as a good role model for other projects. Its a good reminder for
students to “commit early and commit often”, this is the best way to get contributions
into main releases. A counter example of big commits towards end of summer generally rest
in peace in sandbox area. Before we merge your pull request [2], we need to discuss some logistics
on how to proceed.

> Hi All,
>
> Aligning with the API Security effort, Airavata needs to make progress on user management
as a whole. Currently we have some very minimal user information and kept deferring the proper
integration [3],[4],[5]. With proper integration with Identity server we can fix this us.
We have also been deferring the Airavata data model into all Airavata components from a while,
we need to work on it to make progress towards 1.0 release (I will start a separate discussion
on these timelines).