airavata-dev mailing list archives

From SmashRod Alfredo <smash...@hotmail.it>
Subject RE: References for SSH/SCP Airavata key setup and file transfer
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:23:46 GMT
Hi Shameera,
thanks for you reply. I think I've configured correctly the airavata-server.properties but
my question belongs to the construction of the workflow allowing the file transfer.
I've already created some application interfaces which takes an URI as output without success.
I haven't clear which should be the application deployment belonging to the application interface.

For example if I know (and i provide as the workflow input) the path on the remote machine
where a certain file is located, which is the workflow (and the interfaces) that I need to
build up?

My assumption are
Input: the interface has a single input of type URI (the value of the URI should be assigned
as the reference to the machine, as example <RemoteMachineIP>:/tmp/filetotransfer
Output: the output of the application interface is of type URI as you suggested.

But which should be the application deployment?
I don't think that my assumption is correct so if you please give me an entire example to
build up this kind of workflow it will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Alfredo

From: shameerainfo@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:23:55 -0400
Subject: Re: References for SSH/SCP Airavata key setup and file transfer
To: dev@airavata.apache.org

Hi Alfredo,
Yes you can transfer files from remote machine to your machine(where airavata server is running)
by setting application output type as URI when you register the application interface on app
catalog.
You can configure your ssh private and public keys in airavata-server.properties. You need
to provide correct values to following fields.
#public.ssh.key=/path to public key for ssh
#private.ssh.key=/path to private key file for ssh
#ssh.keypass=passphrase for the private key
#ssh.username=username for ssh connectionRegards, Shameera.