airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitor jobs by JobName if JobId is null
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:55:04 GMT
Hi Sudhakar,

Of course if its an error we identify that from standard Error and make the
job fail but we have seen qsub and sbatch doesn't return jobId but job is
actually submitted and we can identify these by parsing the standard error.
If standard error is good and we got nothing in jobId we proceed and do the
monitoring (pull based monitoring) so thats why we are using jobName
instead of jobId.

Shameera, JobName is Airavata generated random value so it will be unique
like jobId and only good thing with jobName is we already know it and we
can avoid relying on the qsub or any other commands output to do the
monitoring.

Lahiru

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Pamidighantam, Sudhakar V <
spamidig@illinois.edu> wrote:

> If jobid is missing due to error job name will not work.
>
> Sudhakar.
>
> On Apr 24, 2015, at 12:32 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> There is a chance that we will not get jobId after we submit a job to a
> compute resoruce. In that case we can use JobName to monitor the Job using
> email based monitor. I am going to do that fix on master, if there is no
> jobId then we use JobName as the job monitor key.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>
> --
> Best Regards,