airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replacing ZK client with Curator
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:45:07 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

I only played with it very little, I was prototyping multiple API services and used curator
service discovery recipe. I liked it from a development standpoint, do not have a opinion
on how well it will help mitigate the issues you mention below. Hypothetically yes, but not
sure in practice.

Should we just try it in a branch and validate it with the test framework?

If it helps, I can bring this thread to attention of the curator pmc and seek expert advice,
do we need it?

Suresh

> On Apr 21, 2015, at 1:34 PM, Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Its not replace one set of problems with another, its about Curator is handling timeouts
and other ZK client code we have to do, so we can directly use the Curator code. Its like
a helper library written using vanilla ZK client code.