airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pamidighantam, Sudhakar V" <spami...@illinois.edu>
Subject Re: [API] Assigning Computational Resources
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 12:51:16 GMT
Just to clarify further, there are two kinds of projects … one is a research project under
which many experiments can be collected. On the organization of users side,
there may be a project under which many users can be grouped lead by a PI ( principal investigator).
Perhaps this distinction should be maintained when a Gateway is considered. Each user may
have multiple research projects. Each PI may have several collaborators using the project
(resource) allocation. All these need to be tracked for the Gateway, PI and the individual
users.

Thanks,
Sudhakar.
On Apr 19, 2015, at 4:55 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eroma,
>
> Yet it's clear. Thanks for the clarification.
>
> Thanks
> Dimuthu
>
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Eroma Abeysinghe <eroma.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Dimuthu,
>
> Project is a grouping for a collection of experiments. Meaning we can select a project
when creating an experiment. A project can have one or many experiments grouped together.
Compute resource is the super computer which application (applications are deployed in a computer
resource) experiments are executed.
> Currently in AIravata a computer resource and a project does not have a direct link and
neither we could specify projects to particular resource.

> Others please correct if above is not accurate.
> Hope this helps.
>
> Thanks,
> Best Regards,
> Eroma
>
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:03 PM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can we assign/get computational resources for a project using Airavata API?
> There are methods like getAllComputeResourceNames and getComputeResource which enables
to get them. But it does not specify a particular project. What is the concept behind computational
resources? Does it available for all projects or can we specify particular resources for
specific projects?