airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to retrieve output from an experiment
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:54:05 GMT
Hi Kenneth,

Let me check a python client with a simple /bin/date example so we can get on same page.

Suresh

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 3:23 PM, K Yoshimoto <kenneth@sdsc.edu> wrote:
>

> Suresh,
>
> I'd just like to know the appropriate way to retrieve experiment
> stdout, stderr and return code.  If I need to configure that
> in the experimentModel somewhere that's fine.  If there is no method
> to do this currently, I'll create the JIRA issue.
>
> Kenneth
>
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 03:14:36PM -0400, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> Hi Kenneth,
>>
>> I will try to reproduce this and look into how it can be handled. Just to be clear,
you are not redirecting the output to any file and it is supposed to show up on the scheduler
output file right? It will be help if you can please write a PBS script for this scenario
 and illustrate what is expected.

>> Currently error codes are very implicit and Airavata is not cataloging them. Can
you please create a JIRA issue, we we will look into it ASAP.

>> Thanks,
>> Suresh
>>
>>> On Apr 1, 2015, at 2:58 PM, K Yoshimoto <kenneth@sdsc.edu> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can create and launch an experiment with the php example gateway
>>> on the test server, using 0.15, but I don't see how to retrieve
>>> the output.  Is there a method in the API for doing this?  I'd like
>>> to get stdout, stderr and return code from the command run in the experiment.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kenneth