airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Master doesn't compile with JDK 1.7
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 14:55:39 GMT
Hi Shameera,

I have local commits with updates to all dependencies, Let me update my checkout with latest
commits, test and commit 1.8 dependencies later this afternoon.

Suresh

> On Apr 5, 2015, at 10:41 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ​Hi Suresh,
>
> are you working on this or shall i do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.​
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com <mailto:shameerainfo@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> ​Hi Suresh,
>
> Yes, with JDK 1.8 code get compiled without an issue. I am +1 for this move.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Shameera,
>
> I made this suggestion but did not push the changes to trunk. I tried it locally and
it all worked fine. So I suggest we get back on the thread and if there is an agreement (or
no disagreement) we bump versions and test it all and declare 1.8 is required for Airavata.

> Suresh
>
>> On Mar 25, 2015, at 12:45 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com <mailto:shameerainfo@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Thanks Marlon, ​I assume it is confirmed that we will use jdk 1.8.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shameera.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu <mailto:marpierc@iu.edu>>
wrote:
>> Suresh already raised this issue on another thread: "[DISCUSS] Airavata default support
to Java 8".   Oracle is ending support for Java 7 in April.