airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intermittent connection loss error
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:48:31 GMT
Jordan, apologies for mistyping your name.

Suresh

> On Apr 22, 2015, at 10:44 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Jordon,
>
> Can you please advice us on this issue? Within Apache Airavata, we are using Zookeper
for co-ordiantion of services. Intermittently, we see ZK connection loss errors.

> Is this an issue curator will help mitigate it?
>
> Can you please also shed some light on how to decide on when we use ZK vs curator?
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh
>
>> On Apr 22, 2015, at 12:59 AM, Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <glahiru@gmail.com <mailto:glahiru@gmail.com>>
wrote:

client sessions to close. This may be the reason. Pls refer https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1366
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1366>. (But this has been fixed in
3.5.1). This may help you.

>> Regards,
>> Indira Priyadharshini
>> ______________________________________

WARN
>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server
>> gw111.iu.xsede.org/149.165.228.109:2181 <http://gw111.iu.xsede.org/149.165.228.109:2181>,
unexpected error, closing socket
>> connection and attempting reconnect
>> java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
>> at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method)
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39)
>> at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223)
>> at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:380)
>> at
>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:66)
>> at
>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:291)
>> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1041)
>>

>> @Override
>> synchronized public void process(WatchedEvent watchedEvent) {
>>     logger.info <http://logger.info/>(watchedEvent.getPath());
>>     synchronized (mutex) {
>>         Event.KeeperState state = watchedEvent.getState();
>>         logger.info <http://logger.info/>(state.name <http://state.name/>());
>>         switch(state){
>>             case SyncConnected:
>>                 mutex.notify();
>>             case Expired:case Disconnected:
>>                 try {
>>                     mutex = -1;
>>                     zk = new
>> ZooKeeper(AiravataZKUtils.getZKhostPort(),
>> AiravataZKUtils.getZKTimeout(), this);
>>                     synchronized (mutex) {
>>                         mutex.wait();  // waiting for the syncConnected event
>>                     }
>>                     storeServerConfig();
>>                 } catch (IOException e) {
>>                     logger.error("Error while synchronizing with zookeeper", e);
>>                 } catch (ApplicationSettingsException e) {
>>                     logger.error("Error while synchronizing with zookeeper", e);
>>                 } catch (InterruptedException e) {
>>                     logger.error("Error while synchronizing with zookeeper", e);
>>                 } catch (AiravataSystemException e) {
>>                     logger.error("Error while synchronizing with zookeeper", e);
>>                 }
>>         }
>>     }
>> }
>>

>> Lahiru
>>

>> --
>> Research Assistant
>> Science Gateways Group
>> Indiana University
>> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and
destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted
via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
www.wipro.com <http://www.wipro.com/>