airavata-dev mailing list archives

From priyanshu patra <pri.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Error running Airavata Server
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:20:16 GMT
Hi everyone,

After building distribution source following build from source
<https://airavata.apache.org/development/build.html> , I followed the steps
here Quick Tutorials
<https://airavata.apache.org/documentation/quickstart-tutorials.html> to
start Airavata Server and Launch GUI.
The server and GUI work fine when I download the binaries from Downloads
page <https://airavata.apache.org/about/downloads.html> ,extract the
distributions, and run *airavata-server.sh* (or *xbaya-gui.sh*)

But here is what happens when I try to do the same using binaries generated
from source
running

   - $AIRAVATA_SERVER_HOME/bin/airavata-server.sh

throws the following error-
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.airavata.server.ServerMain
and running the same with sudo throws-
You must set the JAVA_HOME variable before running Airavata Scripts.

I setup the following in *.bashrc* file
export AIRAVATA_XBAYA_HOME=
$HOME/gsoc/airavata/modules/distribution/xbaya-gui/src/main/resources

export AIRAVATA_SERVER_HOME=
$HOME/gsoc/airavata/modules/distribution/server/src/main/resources

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

Can anyone pointt me in which step did I go wrong.

Thanks,
Priyanshu