airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolving the issues in the Airavata server statup
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:43:59 GMT
HI Hasini,

Please see my comments.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 2:54 AM, Hasini Gunasinghe <hasi7786@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I tried starting the Airavata server after building from source (tried
> both master branch and 0.14_release). I see the following errors printed on
> the start up console.
> I am not sure if they are local to me.
> I would appreciate any insight on resolving them.
>
> 1). [INFO] Reading snapshot data/version-2/snapshot.35
> [INFO] Snapshotting: 4f
> Mon Mar 16 02:12:28 EDT 2015 : Could not listen on port 1527 on host
> 0.0.0.0:
>  java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> [INFO] Database already created for Registry!
>

> However, when I did netstat after shutting down the airavata server, port
> 1527 is not in used. Is this something that we could ignore?

Yes. You can ignore that.

> 2). [ERROR] Cannot connect to a RabbitMQ Server:
>
> I understand that this is because I have not run RabbitMQ server. I had
> some issues installing RabbitMQ server in my environment. Is there a way to
> start Airavata server without running RabbitMQ separately?

RabbitMQ server is needed only if you are using XBaya to submit / monitor
jobs. All the airavata functionalities will work without RabbitMQ running.

> 3) [INFO] Starting Gfac Server on Port 8950
> [INFO] Listening to Gfac Clients ....
> [ERROR] The Credential Store Server did not start!!!
>
> Is there any special configuration for the credential store to start?

Credential store thrift service is not starting by default. If you want to
start credential store service, you need to configure it in
airavata-server.properties. You will see below set of properties under
"Credential Store module Configuration" in airavata-server.properties

start.credential.store=false
credential.store.keystore.url=/Users/chathuri/dev/airavata/credential-store/oa4mp/airavata_sym.jks
credential.store.keystore.alias=airavata
credential.store.keystore.password=airavata
credential.store.jdbc.url=jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/experiment_catalog;create=true;user=airavata;password=airavata
credential.store.jdbc.user=airavata
credential.store.jdbc.password=airavata
credential.store.jdbc.driver=org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver
credential.store.server.host=localhost
credential.store.server.port=8960
credentialstore=org.apache.airavata.credential.store.server.CredentialStoreServer
credential.store.thrift.server.keystore=/Users/chathuri/dev/airavata/credential-store/oa4mp/airavata.jks
credential.store.thrift.server.keystore.password=airavata

You need to *make start.credential.store* as *true*. You need to generate
symmetric key and specify that path for credential.store.keystore.url.
Credential store thrift service is a secured TLS service.  You need to
generate a keystore file and specify the path and password in the
properties credential.store.thrift.server.keystore,
credential.store.thrift.server.keystore.password. If you specify all these
properties, credential store will be start as a secured thrift service.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,
Chathuri