airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shahbaz Memon <m.me...@fz-juelich.de>
Subject User-dn for non-community/group access
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:52:16 GMT
Hi Devs,

I would like to introduce an additional attribute in the experimentModel.UserConfigurationData
thrift structure, that will capture user information - more specifically a user distinguished
name. The inclusion of this additional information will help users belonging to one gateway
instance use their individual, non-shared identity (I.e not community account) for running
compute jobs.

The use of this attribute will be supported by the gfac-bes provider. The dn will be dynamic
for each user, so I think the UserConfigurationData structure will be the most desired location
as mentioned in the beginning. If there should be other location in the data model which is
more appropriate then feel free to reply.

Note:
This attribute will be not required if Airavata implementation does support a model in which
individual users can access resources with their own "separate" identity rather than community
or group accounts. I would be glad to know if there is any such feature aiming at the provisioning
of non-community accounts based access.

Best Regards,

Shahbaz

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH