airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC]Integrate Load Balancers to Airavata Services
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:30:14 GMT
Hi Dimuthu,

You may be interested in this project as well - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1635
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1635>

If so, ask your questions on the JIRA.

Suresh

> On Mar 17, 2015, at 1:30 PM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In addition to that you can find [4] [5] blog posts about those completed projects.
>
> [4] http://dimuthuupeksha.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-gsoc-project-generic-android-viewer.html
<http://dimuthuupeksha.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-gsoc-project-generic-android-viewer.html>
> [5] http://dimuthuupeksha.blogspot.com/2014/10/java-wrapper-for-tesseract-ocr-library.html
<http://dimuthuupeksha.blogspot.com/2014/10/java-wrapper-for-tesseract-ocr-library.html>

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:54 PM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com <mailto:dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Suresh,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> In GSoC 2013 I worked with Apache ISIS. I was assigned to develop an Android viewer for
their REST backend. You can find sources from here [1]. This is not directly attached to ISIS
codebase and my mentor needs to keep this as a external module.

> In GSoC 2014 I worked with Apache PDFBox. I implemented a OCR plugin for PDFBox to parse
pdfs with scanned images. You can find Tesseract API [2] and OCR plugin [3] projects that
I have developed for that. My mentor John Hewson mentioned that these projects will be added
to next releases of PDFBox.

> [1] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/IsisAndroid <https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/IsisAndroid>
> [2] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/Tesseract-API <https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/Tesseract-API>
> [3] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/OCR-Plugin <https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/OCR-Plugin>
>
> Thanks
> Dimuthu
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Dimuthu,
>
> Thanks for your interest. I will follow up on the JIRA with more details on the task.
Meanwhile, can you share your previous GSoC pointers so we get an idea?

> Suresh
>
>> On Mar 17, 2015, at 1:08 PM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com <mailto:dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm Dimuthu Upeksha, a Computer Engineering undergraduate from University of Moratuwa
- Sri Lanka. I participated to GSoC 2013 and 2014 with Apache Software Foundation. This year
also I'm willing to apply for GSoC and found project Apache Airavata very interesting

>> I have basic understanding about Thrift Framework. I would like to involve in issue
[1] if someone is not working on that. How should I proceed?