airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Marru, Suresh" <sma...@iu.edu>
Subject [DISCUSS] Accept GenApp into Apache Airavata
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:14:26 GMT
Hi All,

Since there is not much discussion on this thread, I will make it more explicit on one option
(which is Emre’s preference) and solicit further discussion.

How about Emre can bring in GenApp into Airavata, integrate it further into Airavata and bootstrap
the community here. Some of Airavata Community might get interested in GenApp. Once there
is a quorum and feel if GenApp goals are diverging from Airavata (or if the community becomes
distinct), then GenApp could go through incubator and get on a path towards a Apache Top Level
Project (TLP).

Either way, Emre has been guiding GSoC students, on Airavata Integration, I suggest they join
the dev list and write their proposals on this list.

Thoughts, concerns?

Cheers,
Suresh

P.S Chris, I am taking liberty to send your private list reply to this, please excuse.

On Mar 22, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>