airavata-dev mailing list archives

From K Yoshimoto <kenn...@sdsc.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate to thrift 0.9.2 and multiplex API's
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 18:38:58 GMT

What are multiplex APIs?  Does this affect how a client is
written to use a thrift-generated API?

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 02:13:45PM -0400, Suresh Marru wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Airavata API grew larger which causes an issue with handler classes and the service is
also getting unmanageable. Latest thrift 0.9.2 release supports multiplexing for all the clients
[1]. I did a quick POC to verify it indeed works well Java, PHP, CPP and Python [2] [3].

> How about we start migrating thrift 0.9.2? and also in the process multiplex API’s?
I will start a refactoring in Airavata-Labs repo[4] to verify if its really helps our issues.