airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Migrate to thrift 0.9.2 and multiplex API's
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 18:13:45 GMT
Hi All,

Airavata API grew larger which causes an issue with handler classes and the service is also
getting unmanageable. Latest thrift 0.9.2 release supports multiplexing for all the clients
[1]. I did a quick POC to verify it indeed works well Java, PHP, CPP and Python [2] [3].

How about we start migrating thrift 0.9.2? and also in the process multiplex API’s? I will
start a refactoring in Airavata-Labs repo[4] to verify if its really helps our issues.

Suresh
[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-1915 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-1915>
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1632 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1632>
[3] - https://github.com/apache/airavata-sandbox/tree/master/airavata-mock-multiplexed-api