airavata-dev mailing list archives

From SmashRod Alfredo <smash...@hotmail.it>
Subject Experiment launched never ends
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:50:33 GMT
Hi Everyone,
I'm really sorry to bother you again, I'm testing a couple of customized (simple) application
interfaces:
- Echo Application (following the provided sample, 1 input and 1 output)
- LS application (customized app using the ls command, 1 input and 1 output)
When i try to create and launch experiments with those application (I'm not using xbaya anymore,
I'm working directly with the code). When I check the status of the experiment I have only
experiment in "EXECUTING" state that never ends. Is it normal? What are the condition to "COMPLETE"
the experiment?

Furthermore, printing the output value of experiments I have the following situation:
- Launching echo experiment I have no output value empty if the input value is a general string.
Only if I assign a string with this syntax <OutputName>=StringToBeEchoed as input value
I have the output with that value.
- With the LS application I have no output value in any case.

This "strange" behaviour is due to the fact that the experiments stay in EXECUTING state and
never complete?

Thank you again,

Alfredo