airavata-dev mailing list archives

From SmashRod Alfredo <smash...@hotmail.it>
Subject RE: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output Data
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:10:53 GMT

Hi Everyone,
Since I haven't received replies in last 10 days and the open issues are for me now very blocking
I just refresh my currently still open questions trying to simplify the explanation.
I have a local application on my machine that is invoked with a couples of argument (for example
2 strings), do it's processing and create some results (more or less complex). Is it possible
to wrap the execution of my local application with airavata in such a way that i can register
the application on my local airavata-server and subsequently create experiments using the
airavata-generated application interface?
How should the application invocation arguments be translated when I create the application
interface? How can I get as output of experiment the results of my applications? Which are
the steps that I should follow?

Thank you again and sorry for my harassment but these questions have become completely blocking
in the last days...

Alfredo

From: smashrod@hotmail.it
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: RE: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output Data
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:47:35 +0100

Hi Suresh and Raminder,
Thank you so much for all the explanations and the references,  there will be really useful!

Thanks again for your support,

Alfredo
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:12:25 -0500
From: smarru.apache@gmail.com
To: dev@airavata.apache.org

Hi Alfredo,
I will answer this easier one first.
You guessed it right, as it stands now, the token is a handle to a credential which is used
for compute resources. As for local resources, we can pretty much send something and i will
get ignored. The current token is described in a paper by Amila Jayasekara described at [1]
or [2] for a direct link.
One of the many reasons Airavata is holding up on a 1.0 release is to clear usage of the API
in a secured way. In general, we are modeling similar to how Evernote uses Thrift API [3].
We recently had a good long review in this context by experts [4], we will soon have a technical
paper describing Airavata API security and identity management and should have a implementation
soon there after.
Thanks for your interest in Airavata,Suresh[1] - http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CCGrid.2014.95[2]
- https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/2022/17379/ccgrid_2014_credential_store.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y[3]
- https://dev.evernote.com/doc/[4] - http://trustedci.org/