airavata-dev mailing list archives

From SmashRod Alfredo <smash...@hotmail.it>
Subject RE: Experiment launched never ends
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:12:55 GMT
Hi Shameera,
thanks for your reply!
So you are saying that the only way to obtain an output with a significan value is to provide
to a certain input the <outputname>=Outputvalue ?
There is no way to associate the output values to possibles result obtained in my application
deployment?

Let me know if I have understood wrongly....

This afternoon I'm going to try again the creation and launch of simple experiments to check
if still persist the issue of not conclusion of my experiments.

Thank you again!

Alfredo

From: shameerainfo@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 07:50:36 +0530
Subject: Re: Experiment launched never ends
To: dev@airavata.apache.org

Hi Alfredo,
Airavata output handlers in GFac read output against it's output name, otherwise there is
no way to map correct output values with correct names. That is why you get the output when
you provide <outputname>=StringToBeEchoed. Echo application is an ideal case but in
general we may have more than one output in that case we need a way to map correct outputs.

If experiment stays in the executing state and won't go to complete/failure state, if there
any issue in output mapping then that is a bug and we need to fix this. Please create a JIRA
for it. Meanwhile I will try to reproduce it and fix.
Application with no output is bit odd to me. I am not quite sure whether we are handling such
a situation in airavata. may be someone else in the list can answer to this.

Thanks, Shameera.