airavata-dev mailing list archives

From SmashRod Alfredo <smash...@hotmail.it>
Subject RE: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output Data
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:21:32 GMT
Hi Suresh and Everyone,
I have another question to add to my previous meanwhile,
what do sshTokenId and gsisshTokenId mean (into launchExperiment method)? In the samples are
hard-coded values.. are they really influent? At least using localhost as computeHost it's
unnecessary to use/generate them right?

Thanks again,

Alfredo

> Subject: Re: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output
Data
> From: smarru@apache.org
> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:54:39 -0500
> To: dev@airavata.apache.org
>
> Hi Alfredo,
>
> Thank you for these thoughtful questions. I will get back to you in detail ASAP.
>
> Suresh
>
> On Nov 11, 2014, at 1:00 PM, SmashRod Alfredo <smashrod@hotmail.it> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I understand how to retrieves specific experiment results directly into a customized
version of CreateLaunchExperiment java class.

> > There are more open issues that I would like to ask you:
> >
> > Assuming this scenario: I have a local application (named "MyApp") developed in
a certain language (let's assume python or C++) which takes some string as launching arguments,
(string1 string2 string3), it does some processing and creates a more or less complex "output"
during it's process. I want to generate an interface application on airavata of that application.
My questions are:
> >   a) When creating the registration script for airavata of MyApp, the 3 argument
string that my application needs are translated as 3 separated InputDataObjectType (of string
type)?
> >   b) Assuming a simple case where "output" is composed by a string indicating the
result of the processing,  how is this "output" associated to the output of the airavata interface
which I'm creating? it's always what happens comes with the stout of the system or there is
a specific procedure to follow into MyApp or before create the registration script?
> >   c) (Related to question b) If the Input (or the Ouput) of an application is a
complex object (not simple object such as string or int but more or less complex structures)
wow can translate that into the airavata Interface? .Is it supported? Do I need to register
class/structure on apache thrift server and use the thrift-generates interfaces directly into
my application in order to associate a possible airavata OutputDataObjectType?