airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <smarru.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output Data
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:12:25 GMT
Hi Alfredo,

I will answer this easier one first.

You guessed it right, as it stands now, the token is a handle to a
credential which is used for compute resources. As for local resources, we
can pretty much send something and i will get ignored. The current token is
described in a paper by Amila Jayasekara described at [1] or [2] for a
direct link.

One of the many reasons Airavata is holding up on a 1.0 release is to clear
usage of the API in a secured way. In general, we are modeling similar to
how Evernote uses Thrift API [3]. We recently had a good long review in
this context by experts [4], we will soon have a technical paper describing
Airavata API security and identity management and should have a
implementation soon there after.

Thanks for your interest in Airavata,
Suresh
[1] - http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CCGrid.2014.95