airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Experiment launched never ends
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 02:20:36 GMT
Hi Alfredo,

Airavata output handlers in GFac read output against it's output name,
otherwise there is no way to map correct output values with correct names.
That is why you get the output when you provide
<outputname>=StringToBeEchoed. Echo application is an ideal case but in
general we may have more than one output in that case we need a way to map
correct outputs.

If experiment stays in the executing state and won't go to complete/failure
state, if there any issue in output mapping then that is a bug and we need
to fix this. Please create a JIRA for it. Meanwhile I will try to reproduce
it and fix.

Application with no output is bit odd to me. I am not quite sure whether we
are handling such a situation in airavata. may be someone else in the list
can answer to this.

Thanks,
Shameera.

--