airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject 0.14 Release Dates
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 04:01:13 GMT
Hi All,

0.13 release is out few months now and there are quite a few changes in the trunk. Now that
we are getting XBaya functional with thrift based API, how about we cut the release sooner
than later?

I see the following outstanding items needs to be finished up:

* Deprecate the legacy xml based application descriptions within GFac and use thrift based
app catalog instead.
App Catalog to depcrecate xml

* Ensure XBaya works for few workflow use cases with the new JSON based Airavata Workflow
Description in place of the XWF.

* Clean up distributions to properly package server, clients, xbaya and individual thrift
component services.

* Document Updated Quickstart tutorials on website.

Any other features we need wrap up before we cut a release?

Cheers,
Suresh