airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.14 Release Dates
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 13:26:43 GMT
Since there are no objections, how about we get a RC out for 0.14 by end of this week?

The code is stable enough and we have enough new capabilities like bringing back XBaya to
a functional state to warrant a release.

Suresh

On Nov 5, 2014, at 11:01 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 0.13 release is out few months now and there are quite a few changes in the trunk. Now
that we are getting XBaya functional with thrift based API, how about we cut the release sooner
than later?

> I see the following outstanding items needs to be finished up:
>
> * Deprecate the legacy xml based application descriptions within GFac and use thrift
based app catalog instead.
> App Catalog to depcrecate xml
>
> * Ensure XBaya works for few workflow use cases with the new JSON based Airavata Workflow
Description in place of the XWF.