airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output Data
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:54:39 GMT
Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for these thoughtful questions. I will get back to you in detail ASAP.

Suresh

On Nov 11, 2014, at 1:00 PM, SmashRod Alfredo <smashrod@hotmail.it> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I understand how to retrieves specific experiment results directly into a customized
version of CreateLaunchExperiment java class.

> There are more open issues that I would like to ask you:
>
> Assuming this scenario: I have a local application (named "MyApp") developed in a certain
language (let's assume python or C++) which takes some string as launching arguments, (string1
string2 string3), it does some processing and creates a more or less complex "output" during
it's process. I want to generate an interface application on airavata of that application.
My questions are:
>   a) When creating the registration script for airavata of MyApp, the 3 argument string
that my application needs are translated as 3 separated InputDataObjectType (of string type)?
>   b) Assuming a simple case where "output" is composed by a string indicating the result
of the processing,  how is this "output" associated to the output of the airavata interface
which I'm creating? it's always what happens comes with the stout of the system or there is
a specific procedure to follow into MyApp or before create the registration script?
>   c) (Related to question b) If the Input (or the Ouput) of an application is a complex
object (not simple object such as string or int but more or less complex structures) wow can
translate that into the airavata Interface? .Is it supported? Do I need to register class/structure
on apache thrift server and use the thrift-generates interfaces directly into my application
in order to associate a possible airavata OutputDataObjectType?