airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.14 Release Dates
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:34:40 GMT
Hi Shameera, Chathuri,

Seems like app catalog integration is stable now? Can we proceed with the RC?

Suresh

On Nov 10, 2014, at 9:53 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> We were able to successfully run echo application with GSISSH after integrate app catalog.
We are working on separate topic branch. Our topic branch is not update with master, as master
branch has few major commits on it. Now we are working on merging those commits to our topic
branch and get it up to date with master which make us easier to merge it once we complete
the app catalog integration.

> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Suresh,
>
> We are still working on app catalog integration with GFac. It requires lot of testing.
We will try to finish it before friday.

> Thanks.
> Chathuri
>
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Since there are no objections, how about we get a RC out for 0.14 by end of this week?
>
> The code is stable enough and we have enough new capabilities like bringing back XBaya
to a functional state to warrant a release.

> Suresh
>
> On Nov 5, 2014, at 11:01 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > 0.13 release is out few months now and there are quite a few changes in the trunk.
Now that we are getting XBaya functional with thrift based API, how about we cut the release
sooner than later?

> > I see the following outstanding items needs to be finished up:
> >
> > * Deprecate the legacy xml based application descriptions within GFac and use thrift
based app catalog instead.
> > App Catalog to depcrecate xml
> >
> > * Ensure XBaya works for few workflow use cases with the new JSON based Airavata
Workflow Description in place of the XWF.