airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lot of methods in Airavata API
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 19:27:05 GMT
You can split it into different classes. I already tried it for workflow and was successful
in generating services.  According to me, it does not need thrift multiplexing but I am in
process of testing as individual services and will let you know if i find any issues.

In airavataAPI.thrift, i have like following and then have different handler class for workflow.

service Airavata {

}
service Workflow{

}

Please let me know if i can help to restructure

Thanks
Raminder
On Nov 4, 2014, at 2:04 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Airavata API currently has lots of method since we have experiment related methods, app
catalog related methods and workflow related methods. With app catalog, we have to add lots
of methods related to child level objects since these methods are needed if we want to come
up with a UI for app catalog.

> For example, we recently added methods related to ResourceJobManager, BatchQueue etc
(these API methods may not make much sense to all). Since Thrift does not support multiplexing
at the client level (PHP), we can't use that as well. Is there a better way to manage such
situation ?