airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.14 Release Dates
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 01:45:43 GMT
Sounds good Chathuri. Lets proceed with the RC. I will start testing and post feedback.

Suresh

On Nov 20, 2014, at 12:25 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> We tested all the applications listed in http://test-drive.airavata.org/pga/public and
they all working fine now. I think we are good to do a RC now.

> Thanks..
> Chathuri
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Suresh,
>
> Our initial tests worked fine with the latest changes. We are planning to do more tests
pointing a test-drive(http://test-drive.airavata.org/PHP-Reference-Gateway/) instance with
latest changes.

> Thanks..
> Chathuri
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Shameera, Chathuri,
>
> Seems like app catalog integration is stable now? Can we proceed with the RC?
>
> Suresh
>
> On Nov 10, 2014, at 9:53 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Suresh,
> >
> > We were able to successfully run echo application with GSISSH after integrate app
catalog. We are working on separate topic branch. Our topic branch is not update with master,
as master branch has few major commits on it. Now we are working on merging those commits
to our topic branch and get it up to date with master which make us easier to merge it once
we complete the app catalog integration.

> > Thanks,
> > Shameera.
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi Suresh,
> >
> > We are still working on app catalog integration with GFac. It requires lot of testing.
We will try to finish it before friday.

> > Thanks.
> > Chathuri
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> > Since there are no objections, how about we get a RC out for 0.14 by end of this
week?

> > The code is stable enough and we have enough new capabilities like bringing back
XBaya to a functional state to warrant a release.

> > Suresh
> >
> > On Nov 5, 2014, at 11:01 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > 0.13 release is out few months now and there are quite a few changes in the
trunk. Now that we are getting XBaya functional with thrift based API, how about we cut the
release sooner than later?

> > > I see the following outstanding items needs to be finished up:
> > >
> > > * Deprecate the legacy xml based application descriptions within GFac and use
thrift based app catalog instead.
> > > App Catalog to depcrecate xml
> > >
> > > * Ensure XBaya works for few workflow use cases with the new JSON based Airavata
Workflow Description in place of the XWF.