airavata-dev mailing list archives

From K Yoshimoto <kenn...@sdsc.edu>
Subject Re: Exception with local Echo sample test
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 18:05:59 GMT

Could someone clarify how rabbitmq is started?  Does this need
to happen before starting airavata-server.sh?  If rabbitmq is
installed separately from the airavata install, what are the
install and config steps for that?

Thanks,
Kenneth

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 03:37:29PM +0100, SmashRod Alfredo wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> After the installation and the executon of rabbitMQ I successfully launch echo application
from XBaya gui.

> I've a couple of more questions:
> - Where I can find the result/output of the experiment? (The monitoring panel gives me
only the STATUS)
> - Navigating the code I found some reference that makes me a little confused. Keeping
the "echo application" as example, we declare an Application Input which I suppose to represent
the "string" that we want to "echo", and an Application Output which I expect to be the "output"
of the echo command (thus, is exactly the same string that we provide as input). If my assumptions
are correct, what is the purpose of the "applicationArgument" and "StandardInput" member into
InputDataObjectType class? applicationArgument is to be used to represent complex structures?
How can I use them?

> Thanks again,
>
> Alfredo
>

> From: shameerainfo@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:13:36 -0500
> Subject: Re: Exception with local Echo sample test
> To: dev@airavata.apache.org
>
> Hi Alfredo,
> Yes you have to install it separately.
> Thanks, Shameera.
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM, SmashRod Alfredo <smashrod@hotmail.it> wrote:
>

> Hi Chathuri,
> Thanks for your reply, just an information,
> a RabbitMQ server instance is included in the airavata installation (like zookeeper),
or it is necessary to install it separately? I presume I have to install it separately...

> Thanks
>
> Alfredo
>
> From: kamalasini@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 10:50:11 -0500
> Subject: Re: Exception with local Echo sample test
> To: dev@airavata.apache.org
>
> Hi Alfredo,
> If you are using XBaya to run experiments, you need to have rabbitMQ server up and running
in order to xbaya monitoring to work. To configure rabbitMQ with airavata, follow the below
steps. Start RabbitMQ server Stop the running airavata serverIn airavata-server.properties,
change the property "publish.rabbitmq" to true (publish.rabbitmq=true)Start the airavata server
againRun echo experiment from xbaya againLet us know whether this fix your problem.
> Thanks..Chathuri
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM, SmashRod Alfredo <smashrod@hotmail.it> wrote:
>

> Hello everyone,
> I've downloaded the latest version from git repository and compiled airavata without
test (I've tried to build it normally but gives me error testing app-catalog module). I managed
to start airavata-server which but gave me some issues about zookeeper and rabbitMQ.

> However, the server seems to be running. After that I've tried to create my own experiment
for a simple Echo executed on localhost.
> (I skip the calls to registerXSEDEHosts and rregisterGatewayResourceProfile and commented
all the reference to XSEDE resources elsewhere)

> The echo application seems to be registered correctly, but when I try to create a simple
workflow through airavata-xbaya (that throws errors about RabbitMQ on start) using the registered
echo it gives me an exception Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
.