airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output Data
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:06:37 GMT
TokenID are used for credential store and can be used to store and retrieve SSH or Grid credentials.
You can read [1] for more details. Yes, you are right incase of localhost we don’t need
any credentials and we ignore the value. For developers and evaluation users, we have SSH
and Myproxy properties in airavata-server.properties. Incase you send a token which does not
exist in credential store (sample values), we use airavata-server properties values. I hope
this helps. I will let Suresh reply to your other queries.

1. https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/2022/17379/ccgrid_2014_credential_store.pdf?sequence=1

Thanks
Raminder

On Nov 13, 2014, at 9:21 AM, SmashRod Alfredo <smashrod@hotmail.it> wrote:

> Hi Suresh and Everyone,
> I have another question to add to my previous meanwhile,
> what do sshTokenId and gsisshTokenId mean (into launchExperiment method)? In the samples
are hard-coded values.. are they really influent? At least using localhost as computeHost
it's unnecessary to use/generate them right?

> Thanks again,
>
> Alfredo
>
> > Subject: Re: Questions about Custom Application Registration and Complex Input/Output
Data
> > From: smarru@apache.org
> > Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:54:39 -0500
> > To: dev@airavata.apache.org
> >
> > Hi Alfredo,
> >
> > Thank you for these thoughtful questions. I will get back to you in detail ASAP.
> >
> > Suresh
> >
> > On Nov 11, 2014, at 1:00 PM, SmashRod Alfredo <smashrod@hotmail.it> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone!
> > >
> > > I understand how to retrieves specific experiment results directly into a customized
version of CreateLaunchExperiment java class.

> > > There are more open issues that I would like to ask you:
> > >
> > > Assuming this scenario: I have a local application (named "MyApp") developed
in a certain language (let's assume python or C++) which takes some string as launching arguments,
(string1 string2 string3), it does some processing and creates a more or less complex "output"
during it's process. I want to generate an interface application on airavata of that application.
My questions are:
> > > a) When creating the registration script for airavata of MyApp, the 3 argument
string that my application needs are translated as 3 separated InputDataObjectType (of string
type)?
> > > b) Assuming a simple case where "output" is composed by a string indicating
the result of the processing, how is this "output" associated to the output of the airavata
interface which I'm creating? it's always what happens comes with the stout of the system
or there is a specific procedure to follow into MyApp or before create the registration script?
> > > c) (Related to question b) If the Input (or the Ouput) of an application is
a complex object (not simple object such as string or int but more or less complex structures)
wow can translate that into the airavata Interface? .Is it supported? Do I need to register
class/structure on apache thrift server and use the thrift-generates interfaces directly into
my application in order to associate a possible airavata OutputDataObjectType?