airavata-dev mailing list archives

From ishara premadasa <idpremad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Dev] Unable to start Airavata after the source build
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:14:58 GMT
Hi all,

I modified the Quickstart tutorial and Airavata in Ten Minutes tutorial in
order to explain the current approach on how a new user can register and
execute a simple workflow. Please find the documents attached here.

The Airavata in Five minute tutorial [1] seems deprecated for new releases
as  i couldn't find 'Import service wsdl' option in the Xbaya GUI.

If this needs to go as a doc patch please let me know hos this can be done.
I have attached both docx and pdf version.

Thanks!
Ishara

[1]
https://airavata.apache.org/documentation/tutorials/airavata-in-5-minutes.html

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:

> Preferably we should put the tutorial information in the Airavata Wiki,
> where it can be more easily updated.  So I suggest having wiki entries for
> the new 5 and 10 minute introductions.
>
> Marlon
>

> On 9/24/14, 12:53 AM, ishara premadasa wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thank you very much for the guide. I was able to successfully run the
>> simple echo workflow by following above steps.
>>
>> Observed one issue in the flow where when we first build airavata (without
>> tests), extract distribution/modules/server and try to start Airavata
>> server it fails with Zookeeper already in use error. It seems when
>> building
>> integration-tests module, as per the pom, it internally starts a  server
>> and shut it down. may be this shut down doesn't work as expected. I then
>> killed this  process and started with ./airavata-server.sh which was a
>> success.
>>
>> As per Marlon's advice let me first spend some time on looking at the code
>> on how to bring XBaya module back and define set of tasks for getting
>> started.
>>
>> Meanwhile would the best option be integrating the Xbaya back and then
>> update the tutorials to go with it? Or else can we update the tutorials
>> for
>> the current approach mentioning the above provided steps in details, so
>> any
>> newcomer can try on.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Ishara
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
>> shameerainfo@gmail.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hi Ishara,
>>>
>>> To run a workflow with XBaya, first you need to register the applications
>>> for that follow the steps mentioned in Chathuri's reply. Then follow
>>> these
>>> steps,
>>>
>>> 1. Start the XBaya GUI
>>> 2. Setup registry with XBaya,  Registry --> Setup Airavata Registry and
>>> fill the dialog with "API_SERVICE", localhost, 8930 , airavata ,
>>> airavata ,
>>> then click OK. Now you will see  all registered applications under
>>> "Application" component in "Component List" menu.
>>>
>>> 3. Create a simple workflow by drag and drop . ex: input --> Echo -->
>>> output ,
>>> 4. Run the workflow, Run Applications --> Execute Application
>>> 5. Then give experiment name and input value, for echo workflow give
>>> "Echoed_Output=Hello World" as input value.
>>> 6. Click the Run button.
>>>
>>> Note: At the moment XBaya only work for simple applications.
>>>
>>> Let us know if you hit any issue down the path.
>>>
>>> ~Shameera.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi Ishara--

GUI