airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separate Thrift services- Code restructure
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:49:07 GMT
+ 1.

I think we can leave out the workflow service and its probably best to embedded it with orchestrator,
since there is so much overlap. So that leaves 3 services:

API Server - Client
Orchestrator Server -Client
GFac Server - Client

Suresh

On Oct 28, 2014, at 3:32 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am fixing AIRAVATA-1471 to create separate distributions for all the Thrift services
in Airavata so that we can run all in separate JVMs and dockerize (www.docker.com) the servers.
In this exercise, i found we don’t have client stubs for several components in separate
artifacts like Orchestrator Client is part of Orcherstrator Service, GFAC client is part of
Orcherstator-Core, Workflow server and client is part of Airavata API server and client. To
be consistent with API server and reduce maven dependency tree, i am going to create airavata—
<component>—stubs package and add the component client to that project. I need to
move the code and changed dependencies etc. Please let me know if there are any objections.
If not i will go ahead tomorrow and make the change and commit them after testing.