airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XBaya ready to use with new Thrift API
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 01:55:30 GMT
Hi Shameera,

Thanks for your efforts in bringing back the workflow functionality with thrift API’s. Regarding
quick start tutorials, I also favor Option 2 you mention below.

I just tried running a workflow, I constructed the workflow and directly hit run then I get
the "org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Invalid method name: ‘registerWorkflow’”.

Looks like class path issues in my IDE. Is there a suggest way I should start up XBaya? Since
the distribution is disabled, I am directly launching it from the main class.

Suresh

On Oct 9, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I fixed few issues and finally could able to get the $Subject work. Now you can create
complex workflows with more than one application and run it using XBaya. If you encounter
any issue please reply to this thread or/and create a JIRA ticket.

> As we have remove previous web service support we need to modify our 5 min and 10 min
tutorials. Following are my suggestions to get those two tutorials live again.

> Option 1.
> As same as previous version, we can register applications to a publicly access registry
and provide the link to use with XBaya GUI. Application registration process won't get transparent
to the user in this case.

> Option 2.
> Provide code sample ( or script ) to run and register the applications like echo, add,
multiply, subtract , you name it, on the same machine. Then register localhost registry with
XBaya GUI and use that applications to build a new workflow.

> IMO Option 2 would be a great help to understand the whole process of Airavata , how
to register a new application, how to use it , how the data stored in registry database etc...
Later we can introduce a admin dashboard to register new applications which make the things
very easy.