airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Separate Thrift services- Code restructure
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:58:23 GMT
Hi Sudhakar,

The current code base is https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/master.

To grab a local copy, use "git clone
https://github.com/apache/airavata.git". Note this is a mirror of the
Apache git repo, but that is suitable for read-only access to master and
for submitting patches and pull requests.

Marlon

On 10/28/14, 5:04 PM, Pamidighantam, Sudhakar V wrote:
> I am starting to look at Airavata with a background of having used an old snapshot in
paramchem project.
> Is there a place I can go to learn the current organization of the development.
>
> Thanks,
> Sudhakar.

on workflow model. I am going to move workflow server and client to orchestrator server and
can get rid of server part as next step.

> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> + 1.
>
> I think we can leave out the workflow service and its probably best to embedded it with
orchestrator, since there is so much overlap. So that leaves 3 services:

> API Server - Client
> Orchestrator Server -Client
> GFac Server - Client
>
> Suresh
>
> On Oct 28, 2014, at 3:32 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com<mailto:raminderjsingh@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am fixing AIRAVATA-1471 to create separate distributions for all the Thrift services
in Airavata so that we can run all in separate JVMs and dockerize (www.docker.com<http://www.docker.com>)
the servers. In this exercise, i found we don’t have client stubs for several components
in separate artifacts like Orchestrator Client is part of Orcherstrator Service, GFAC client
is part of Orcherstator-Core, Workflow server and client is part of Airavata API server and
client. To be consistent with API server and reduce maven dependency tree, i am going to create
airavata— <component>—stubs package and add the component client to that project.
I need to move the code and changed dependencies etc. Please let me know if there are any
objections. If not i will go ahead tomorrow and make the change and commit them after testing.