airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separate Thrift services- Code restructure
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:34:58 GMT
We need to approach merging of Workflow server slightly different. Methods like registerWorflow,
getWorkflow etc need to be part of API server so client like Xbaya need to call them remotely.
I am going to get rid of workflow server and merge methods to Airavata API server and handle
launch in Orchestrator.

Thanks
Raminder

on workflow model. I am going to move workflow server and client to orchestrator server and
can get rid of server part as next step.

>> Thanks
>> Raminder
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> + 1.
>>
>> I think we can leave out the workflow service and its probably best to embedded it
with orchestrator, since there is so much overlap. So that leaves 3 services:

>> API Server - Client
>> Orchestrator Server -Client
>> GFac Server - Client
>>
>> Suresh
>>
>> On Oct 28, 2014, at 3:32 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com<mailto:raminderjsingh@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am fixing AIRAVATA-1471 to create separate distributions for all the Thrift
services in Airavata so that we can run all in separate JVMs and dockerize (www.docker.com<http://www.docker.com>)
the servers. In this exercise, i found we don’t have client stubs for several components
in separate artifacts like Orchestrator Client is part of Orcherstrator Service, GFAC client
is part of Orcherstator-Core, Workflow server and client is part of Airavata API server and
client. To be consistent with API server and reduce maven dependency tree, i am going to create
airavata— <component>—stubs package and add the component client to that project.
I need to move the code and changed dependencies etc. Please let me know if there are any
objections. If not i will go ahead tomorrow and make the change and commit them after testing.