airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Evaluate Suitable Scientific Workflow Language for Airavata.
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:15:22 GMT
Hi Guys,

I've been interested in this too - we don't per have a specific
OODT workflow language, but we specific workflows using XML, and
other configuration (we are also thinking of moving to JSON for
this).

In the past I've also looked at YAWL and BPEL - both seem complex
to me.

I wonder at the end of the day if we should adopt something more
modern like PIG or some other data flow type of language (PIG
is really neat).

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.