airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Dev] Unable to start Airavata after the source build
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 04:15:17 GMT
hi Ishara,

The quickstart tutorial is out of date as of last 2 releases. You're
welcome to create a JIRA to discuss updates to the tutorial.

XBaya as a client was discontinued since 0.12 Airavata release due to major
architectural and design changes that incurred in the Airavata Server (in
short the scope of the features, the internal component architecture, data
models, the API and the service layer for the API changed).

For 0.14 release we are targeting on a minimum functionality XBaya GUI
client that can compose/register/launch workflows (perhaps more).
Even-though the XBaya maven module (which you've mentioned) is present in
the trunk, the actual maven module which creates the XBaya GUI binary
distribution is not yet present in the trunk. You are welcome to create
JIRA and provide patches to introduce this module back to the trunk. You
may refer a previous revision of Airavata source (before 0.12 release).

IMO for the time being simplest solution to run the XBaya GUI is by
executing  the org.apache.airavata.xbaya.XBaya class through the IDE.