airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facing difficulties when try to create and launch experiment?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:37:37 GMT
Hi Marlon,

I reverted back to the previous revision (
84cabd37238c9473b3ce21a3b2c2818875e1840e) which revert the fix done to
AIRAVATA-1415 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1415)  and
all works as expected. But with above fix i am getting
InvalidRequestException from server side.  Following are the steps followed
by me to run the CreateLaunchExperiment class. @Suresh, am i missing
something here?

With current trunk ,
1. uncomment the registerApplications(); method and "...
createExperimentForLocalHost(..)" line, then run the CreateLaunchExperiment
class I got following exception

Experiment ID : echoExperiment_2b14f791-963b-49c6-81fb-56c939665160
InvalidRequestException(message:Experiment
'echoExperiment_2b14f791-963b-49c6-81fb-56c939665160' launch failed. Unable
to figureout execution type for application
SimpleEcho0_44c34394-ca27-4fa9-bb2d-87f95a02352a)
at
org.apache.airavata.client.samples.CreateLaunchExperiment.launchExperiment(CreateLaunchExperiment.java:812)
at
org.apache.airavata.client.samples.CreateLaunchExperiment.main(CreateLaunchExperiment.java:83)
at
at
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:134)
[ERROR] Error occured while launching the experiment...
[ERROR] Error while connecting with server

After i revert the AIRAVATA-1415 fix,
1. uncomment the addDescriptors(); method invocation and "...
createExperimentForLocalHost(..)" line, the run the same class and it works
without an error.