airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject AngularJS samples for Thrift API
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:23:50 GMT
Hi Supun, Shameera,

Well if we are suggesting the UI’s to be developed directly against the thrift API (unlile
GSOC 2013 projects which used a REST intermediary developed by Shameera), can we have a sample
AngularJS based UI so others could follow it as a reference example?

How about we take the User Management Proxy API developed by Supun and write up sample angularJS
based interfaces and refer it to UI developers of other airavata API modules?

Suresh

On Aug 29, 2014, at 1:02 AM, Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> It is always easy to use a REST API to make a web front ends as we can exploit the built
in functionalities of AngularJS. But given a situation that we have a Thrift API it is also
not very hard to do a tweak and get the job done in AngularJS.

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:55 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Great write up Supun. I think this should motivate others to follow suite.
>
> I will send this as (and others if they come soon) as part of ASF highlights to google.
>
> Supun, looking at your blog, I am looking at the prototype you did with angular JS and
thrift. Based on what you looked at, do you rather suggest tweaking anguarJS was easy enough
to work with thrift, or do you rather suggest having a RESTful version of the API to make
web front ends easier to integrate?