airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Evaluate Suitable Scientific Workflow Language for Airavata.
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:54:10 GMT
Hi Chris,

Great to hear OODT community will be interested in adopting a JSON based workflow language
and potentially a web based composer as well. Airavata previously had BPEL support initially
through a home grown implementation [1] by Alek Slominski and later through Apache ODE [2].
Also a white paper [3] by Alek on this topic is an interesting read.

I am of the same opinion that we should adopt something more modern as the challenges from
scientific workflows seems to be converging with the data flow patterns in business workflows.

It will be great if we can all compile a list of potential candidates and hack them through.

Suresh
[1] - http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-1-84628-757-2_14#page-1
[2] - http://www.academia.edu/1485773/Experience_with_adapting_a_WS-BPEL_runtime_for_eScience_workflows
[3] - http://www.computer.org/csdl/proceedings/services/2010/4129/00/4129a326.pdf